Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Nineteen Minutes post 2

“ Whether or not you believe in fate comes down to one thing: who you blame when something goes wrong. Do you think it’s your fault that if you’d tried better, or worked harder, it wouldn’t have happened? Or do you just chalk it up to circumstance? ” (91) This quote just really got me thinking about a lot of things. One thing that came to mind when I read this was how every single person would have a different answer. I think it is so fascinating to think of my answers to these questions. This quote just shows how if you read a Jodi Picoult novel you will get something out of it. I also like this quote because I think that every person has had a time where they regret something they did. This quote also got me thinking that I am sure this is what all of the characters were thinking after the shooting. I really liked how Picoult added this into her novel it made me feel like I was talking with someone. I think that it is intriguing that whenever something does go wrong people always do blame someone but when something goes good they only give credit to themselves. I feel like this quote has a lot of meaning to what the rest of the book will talk about. Although this quote is sad to think about it in so many ways it is true.

No comments: