Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Nineteen Minutes post 3

Dear Jodi Picoult,

I am reading your novel Nineteen Minutes for an outside of school reading assignment. I really am starting to enjoy it. There are a couple things I don’t quite understand though. In each chapter I feel like there are so many new characters such as Lewis, Peter, Jordan Brady, Carnivore, and Hayley. I thought it was really sad how in depth you get when you were describing how Josie felt about Matt’s death. I don’t know how I would react if my boyfriend died and I was there. One thing that I read that made me feel so sad was when Josie was at church and how Matt’s parents came up and talked to her. I love the way you write because you make me feel like I am there. Another part that I thought was interesting is how Peter, the one who killed all the kids, is in jail and you have this whole section about him. In some ways I feel bad for Peter when I was reading what he is going through and then I remembered all of those innocent people he killed. I found it so scary how Peter marked in his yearbook who he wanted to kill. It was really fascinating to me how he wrote next to Josie’s name “let live”. It was really heartbreaking when Lewis was saying how he liked going to work because he is not known as the shooters father there. This whole section that I read was really in detail. I felt like I could have been at the school shooting. Although this book is really sad I still enjoy reading it. I can’t wait to see what else will happen!

MC

No comments: