Wednesday, September 19, 2007

This I believe

1. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9249892

2. Judith Jamison

3.To Thine Own Self Be True

–4.
I believe that Judith was saying life is short so make sure you live it the way you want to while being a true person.

–5.
"I believe that to "be good," as my father instructed, we must be true to ourselves." This is one example where is shows how she believes that you have to be good while being true because part of being good is telling the truth.
" It's about reaching for perfection, and, most of all, it's about honesty." This is another example of how she believes life is short so be true because she is talking about how she is a dancer and has been a choreographer so you have to be true on your feelings on stage otherwise it could ruin the performance.


–6. "I believe that there is sanctity in the fact that we are only on this earth for a short period of time. And I believe that with that time, we'd better be doing something good." This is one of my favorite things she said because one goal for my life that I have made for myself is to make sure I live it to the fullest. So it says to me that since life is so short make sure you do everything that is available to you and to serve other people who are less fortunate.

No comments: