Monday, October 8, 2007

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly reflection

All together I thought that The Diving Bell and the Butterfly was a great book. At some points in the book I thought that it was difficult to read with some of the words he choose to use but once I figured out what they meant I would love how he wrote with them. One of my favorite things about this memoir was that it taught you meanings of life but then would involve humor. This memoir also reminded me of what I believe, which is to live your life to the fullest. This is a perfect example of how every person has no idea what is going to happen to them so you have to appreciate what you have. Jean- Dominique Bauby had a wonderful life until December 8th even though in his eyes it was not wonderful anymore after his “massive stroke” that caused locked in syndrome, I still think that he made the best out of what he could. One thing that I admire about Bauby is that he was always positive and could make something so ordinary seem so extraordinary. I love how he explains the title of the book in detail and how it fits perfectly for this memoir. One thing that I did not really like was that he jumped around so much on his story’s so they were hard to follow sometimes. I think that this book helps remind a person that you need to appreciate your family and friends and that when they are in a near death experience that you know that you left them in the right way. His dreams that he had made me realize that I want to set out dreams/goals that I can try to accomplish such as he did. I feel that some of the lessons that I learned from this book I will use on how I want to live my everyday life.

No comments: