Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My Sister's Keeper week 2 post A

Vocab
1.coroner (pg.50),noun, - an officer who investigates deaths that are not from natural causes
2. incinerator (pg.37),noun, - a furnace for burning garbage

figurative language
1."She picks the pan up with her bare hands, as if her skin is coated with asbestos. (pg.38) This is a example of a simile because it is comparing her skin to asbestos while using the word as.
2." It almost seems like a cheat that after all these years of defying the odds,it won't be the leukemia that kills her"(pg.43) This is a example of a simile because it is comparing Kate's death while using the work like.
3." Some of them burn slow and long, like red dwarfs"(pg.43) The is a example of a simile because it is comparing how stars when they burn look like red dwarfs while using the word like.

Quote
"My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah,my foes, and oh, my friends--
It gives a lovely light!" (pg.47) This quote was said by Edna St. Vincent Millay right before the section of Tuesday starts. I think this quote shows significance because for example no matter how much Anna does for Kate it is never enough but at some point appreciated. This quote signifies to me that you should apprecaite what you have and I think Anna does that for the most part.

Theme
I think the theme so far in the book is that love conquers all in its own way.

No comments: