Sunday, February 3, 2008

Dede- "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield

Dede inspires me because if I had four sister who had passed away I don’t think I would be able to talk about it all of the time. I am also interested about knowing more about her because I feel like we have not learned that much about her. One thing that really struck me about her is that she made a museum in memory of her sisters who passed away and tries to remember all of the good times with them and not the bad. I know if I had people asking me questions like they ask Dede I would not be able to handle it so I think it is really cool how she has the ability to do that. I picked this song because I feel like from part one of the book what stuck out to me must is how she was the only sister who survived and in the song it says “Feel the rain on your skin, No one else can feel it for you, Only you can let it in, No one else, no one else, Can speak the words on your lips, Drench yourself in words unspoken” and this is so true for Dede because she is the only sister to tell their story. Also in the song it says, “I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined” this also explains Dede because unlike the other sisters she has not shown her opinions on very many things so it is hard to say what will happen to her in the next chapters compared to the other sisters. I also think the song title, Unwritten, explains a lot about Dede so far in the book because there is so much more to learn about her but we have not read it yet.

No comments: