Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My Sister's Keeper week 6 post A

Vocab
1. combustible (142) adj - capable of catching on fire and burning
2. rhododendrons(135) noun- any of numerous usually evergreen ornamental shrubs of the genus, having clusters of variously colored, often bell-shaped flowers.

Figuartive Language
1. " She crossed her legs against the wall, so that it looked like she was just sitting upside down" (134). This is a example of a simile because it is comparing the way she crossed her legs and sitting while using the word like.
2. " The man beside me had sky-eyes, a black ponytail, and began to kiss a white-haired gentleman flush on the mouth" (151). This is a example of imagery because you can picture the way this person looks.
3. " I trick myself into believing that I can see those rogue leukemia cells moving like a rumor through her system" (138). This is a example of a simile because it is compaing the leukemia cells to her system while using the word like.

Quote
" We never know, at first, if we are headed into a cooker or a smudge" (141). I think this is a important quote because it just reminds me that you never know what your going to get and to be prepared for anything.

Theme
I think the theme of this part of the book is to remember all of the good times and not the bad.

No comments: