Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My Sister's Keeper week 7 post A

Vocab
1. waive (214),trans verb: give up, forsake
2. endearment (178), noun: the act of showing affection

Figurative Language
1. " I spot Anna right away, sitting on the trampoline as an instrutor bounces them up and down like popcorn" (171). This is an example of a simile because it is comparing something while using the word like.
2. " Five years have passed, but the seats fit like an old baseball glove" (167). This is an example because it is comparing the years to a baseball glove while using the word like.
3. " That the power of positive thinking can work like a pair of wings to get you where you need to be" (178). This is an example of a simile because it is comparing positive thinking to a pair of wings while using the word like.

Quote
"Doubt thou that the stars are fire;
Doubt thou that the sun doth move;
Doubt truth to be a liar;
But never doubt that I love". (201) This quote is important to me because it reminds that having doubt in someone or something can make matters worst and that you should trust people more. I think this is true for the book because it so many parts I feel like the family just needs to communicate with each other. I really like how they have quotes from other books in this book when it is a new day. I think it is a great idea how on the new day they have these kind of quotes that make you think.
Theme
I think the theme of this book is to always believe in yourself and you will be suprised of who you can become or what you can do.

No comments: